@ Somewhere in the East of Singapore
1. Chum/Cham (Hokkien dialect): To be in a sorry state or bad situation.
- Cynthia comments that Robert was 'chum' because he had gone into the drain to retrieve her keys in the previous episode.
- Cynthia says 'chum' to herself as she was lost and didn't know what to do when she saw Robert approaching.
- Robert says 'chum' to himself as he was in a situation with Cynthia again.
2. Um chio (Hokkien dialect): To smile to oneself, or showing to be secretly happy.
- The food stall owner comments that the Robert was 'um chio' as he seemed very happy talking to Cynthia.
3. Gan cheong (Cantonese dialect): To be nervous or anxious.
- Robert suddenly feels his heart beating hard and fast wonders why he is feeling nervous.
4. Bee bop bee bop: To describe the sound of something beating, usually that of a heart.
Singlish: A Siao (Crazy) Blind Date (Episode 1)
Singlish: Suay (Unlucky) and Malu (Embarrass) (Episode 2)